Join Julie for a transforming week of deep practice, and the adventure of living where the jungle meets the sea.
The Osa Peninsula is known as Costa Rica’s last wild frontier, home to breathtaking views, incredible wildlife, and peaceful way of living.
FEBRUARY 26TH – MARCH 5TH, 2023
THREE SPOTS LEFT!
Enliven your practice and spirit, immerse in daily practice with the mythic tales of yoga, rest, and recentering. This retreat offers:
- Daily yoga and meditation practices with Julie, each class uniquely themed
- An exploration of the inspiring and meaningful stories of the Gods and Goddesses of yoga
- Expertly chef-prepared gourmet meals in one of the liveliest communal kitchens
- Spa treatments, bodywork, surf / SUP lessons and other exciting excursions available
- Cozy luxe single or shared accommodations, mere steps from exquisite beaches
- The adventure of living close to nature, completely immersed where the jungle meets the sea
Our home for the week is EL TUMBO DE LAS OLAS, an enchanting intimate getaway with a luxury feel. Set on five acres at the edge of the jungle, Tumbo is designed for gathering community, relaxation, and immersing fully in the natural surroundings. Everything is open-walled with unique architecture to allow the sights and sounds of the ocean and jungle to create harmony and invoke balance. Hammocks, lounge chairs, communal area, and a dipping pool make Tumbo perfect for beating the Winter blues.
El Tumbo offers beautiful and cozy rooms in Casa Grande, the centerpiece of the property, and gorgeous teak wood platform Bungalows. Accommodations are Shared or Single with shared baths, or limited Queen suites with ensuite bath available. The entire center is beautifully nestled in the jungle near the open air yoga deck, with a 5 minute walk to Pan Dulce beach across the road.
Those seeking private rooms may stay at Casa Natura and enjoy the luxury of a gorgeous house with full kitchen, two bathrooms, a private casita option, with nearby Backwash beach and scenic overlooks of Playa Matapalo. Retreat will have the added adventure and wildlife from daily walks to Tumbo for meals and yoga.
Julie is known for her signature Align + Flow classes that are balanced experiences for your body and uplifting for your spirit. You’ll begin and end each day with yoga practices invoking the mythic stories of yoga, designed to reestablish connection to what really matters. Daily practice and meditation overlooking the wilds of the jungle combined with the roar of the sea will revitalize your routine, and realign you from the inside out. Colorado and Howler monkeys, Blue Morpho butterflies, Toucans, and other jungle life will be daily visitors!
The Osa is a magical place where devotion to the beauty of the area, the wildlife, and people make for an incredible trip. Researchers here still discover new species of insects, and the Osa has earned its reputation for being one of the top three most bio-diverse places on the planet. Teeming with life, the Osa is home to four species of monkeys, the illustrious Blue Morpho butterfly, Toucans, Scarlett Macaws, and flora and fauna like you’ve never seen before. The Osa Peninsula is also a surfers haven where learning is easy, and the experienced surfer can get down at Matapalo’s famous breaks.
A stay at Tumbo provides no shortage of things to do. The jungle, the ocean, and the property are all at your disposal. The vast Pacific Ocean and one-of-a-kind near empty beaches Pan Dulce and Backwash provide picturesque waves, perfect swimming, and the exquisite background to the entire adventure. Hike through the jungle, climb a Matapalo tree, or dare the waterfall repelling or zip lining. No matter what your day holds, there is no doubt that you will experience excitement, fun, and be relaxed by memorable beauty.
Options: Shared or Private room with shared bath. Limited Queen Suites with Private Bath available
EARLY BIRD: DEPOSIT OF 50% BEFORE 12/31 – SAVE $200 (DEPOSIT IS NON REFUNDABLE)
- Shared (Double): $2000 – ONE LEFT!
- Single – with shared bath: $2350 – TWO LEFT!
- Queen Suite shared, with private bath: $2500 – SOLD OUT
- Queen Suite single, with private bath: $2800 – SOLD OUT
STANDARD RATES: DEPOSIT OF 50% AFTER 12/31 (DEPOSIT IS NON REFUNDABLE)
- Standard Shared (Double): $2200 – ONE LEFT!
- Standard Single – with shared bath: $2550 – TWO LEFT!
- Queen Suite shared, with private bath: $2700 – SOLD OUT
- Queen Suite single, with private bath: $3000 – SOLD OUT
- Two daily yoga classes and an inspiring deep dive into the myths
- Accommodations and full access to the property
- Outrageous and delicious meals from Tumbo’s in-house award winning chefs
- Easy access to exquisite beaches, hiking, waterfalls, and Martina’s bar
- Jungle living at its finest!
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- International travel to / from Costa Rica
- Domestic flight on Sansa Airlines to / from SJO to Puerto Jimenez.
- Beer / wine / liquor
- Taxis to / from Puerto Jimenez, and for excursions
- Spa services, massage, acupuncture
- Surf lessons, SUP, zip lining, and other exciting jungle adventures
- Tips for staff
ARRIVAL: Fly into SJO (San Jose International Airport) arriving no later than 1pm to ensure you’ll have ample time to get through immigration and catch your Sansa flight to Puerto Jimenez in the Osa Peninsula. Consider flying in on 2/25 for an overnight Airbnb or hotel, and book a Sansa flight early morning on 2/26 to Jimenez.
DOMESTIC TRAVEL: We recommend booking round trip connecting flight via Sansa Airlines with a 2 hour window to get through immigration upon arrival in SJO.
DEPARTURE: Check out from el Tumbo is 11am on 3/5.
It’s highly recommended you purchase travelers insurance for peace of mind!
What some are saying about this special retreat:
“Julie’s yoga teaching goes deep into the body, with intelligent, well-sequenced asana practices. She also dives into the philosophy of yoga, and shares her knowledge of the ways in which the physical practice can connect us to ourselves and the universe around us. Julie’s Osa retreats are powerful. They are filled with asana, meditation, ocean waves, abundant jungle life, and fresh, delicious, nourishing vegetarian food. She’s the heart of the group retreat, teaching, holding space, and sharing her favorite local hikes and adventures. Julie’s amazing in those roles. I highly recommend journeying to Osa and joining her next retreat if you can.” – Cari Sietstra