MYTH IMMERSION RETREAT TO THE OSA PENINSULA, COSTA RICA
FEBRUARY 27TH – MARCH 6TH, 2022
SINGLE AND DOUBLE ACCOMMODATIONS AVAILABLE – EARLY BIRD RATES FOR SINGLES UNTIL 12/15
Join Julie for a transforming week filled with deep practice, connection to nature, and complete realignment in the center of your being. The Osa Peninsula is known as Costa Rica’s last wild frontier, home to breathtaking views, incredible wildlife, and a peaceful way of living.
You are invited for Julie’s 19th year retreating to the Osa!
Enliven your practice and spirit, immerse in daily practice with the mythic tales of yoga, rest and recenter. This retreat offers:
- Daily yoga and meditation practices with Julie, each uniquely themed
- An exploration of the inspiring and meaningful stories of the Gods and Goddesses of yoga
- Expertly prepared gourmet meals in one of the liveliest communal kitchens
- Spa treatments, bodywork, surf / SUP lessons and other exciting excursions available
- Cozy luxe-like accommodations mere steps from the beach
- The adventure of living close to nature, immersed at the line where the jungle meets the sea!
- ** Please note and read fully the Covid-19 refund policy for this retreat below **
Our home for the week is EL TUMBO DE LAS OLAS, an enchanting getaway with a luxury feel. Set on five acres where the ocean meets the jungle, el Tumbo is designed for gathering community, relaxation, and immersing fully in the natural surroundings that the Osa is loved for. Everything is open-walled with unique architecture to allow the sights and sounds of the ocean and jungle to create harmony and invoke balance. Hammocks, lounge chairs, a juice bar, and a dipping pool make el Tumbo a complete and exceptional place for beating the Winter blues!
El Tumbo offers beautiful and cozy shared space in the Casa Grande, the centerpiece of the property, and in gorgeous teak wood tent-cabinas. All accommodations are shared baths, with limited singles available for this retreat. The entire center is beautifully nestled in the jungle near the open air yoga deck, and a 5 minute walk to the beach.
Julie is known for her signature Align + Flow classes that are balanced experiences for your body and uplifting for your spirit. You’ll begin and end each day with yoga practices invoking the mythic stories of yoga, designed to reestablish connection to what really matters. Daily meditation overlooking the wilds of the jungle combined with the regularity of daily practice will surely help revitalize your routine. Expect monkeys, Blue Morpho butterflies, and other creatures to be daily visitors!
The Osa is a magical place where devotion to the beauty of the area, the creatures, and people make for an incredible trip. Researchers here still discover new species of insects, and the Osa has earned its reputation for being one of the top three most bio-diverse places on the planet. Teeming with life, the Osa is home to four species of monkeys, the illustrious Blue Morpho butterfly, Toucans, Scarlett Macaws, and flora and fauna like you’ve never seen before. The Osa Peninsula is also a surfers haven where learning is easy, and the experienced surfer can get down at some of the worlds best known breaks at Matapalo.
A stay at El Tumbo provides no shortage of things to do. The jungle, the ocean, and the property are all at your disposal. The vast Pacific Ocean and one-of-a-kind near empty beach Pan Dulce provide picturesque waves, perfect swimming, and the exquisite background to the entire adventure. Hike through the jungle, climb a Matapalo tree, or dare the waterfall repelling or zip lining. No matter what your day holds, there is no doubt that you will experience excitement, fun, and be relaxed by exquisite beauty.
PRICING (INCLUDES DOMESTIC FLIGHT):
Rooms are double occupancy with shared baths. Singles available with shared bath. One King Suite with Private Bath available (great for couples)
EARLY BIRD: DEPOSIT OF 1/2 PAYMENT BEFORE NOVEMBER 1st, SAVE $150
- Shared: $2000 per person
- Single (with shared bath): $2450
- King Suite: $2650 per person
STANDARD RATES: DEPOSIT OF 1/2 PAYMENT AFTER NOVEMBER 1st.
- Standard Shared: $2150 per person
- Standard Single (with shared bath): $2600
- King Suite: $2800 per person
- Two powerful practices with Julie each day, with silent mornings for personal practice
- An inspiring deep dive into the mythic stories of the yoga traditions
- Accommodations and full use of facilities
- Easy access hikes to waterfalls and exquisite beaches
- Jungle living and remarkable natural surroundings
- All freshly prepared meals at el Tumbo de las Olas
- Domestic flights to/from the Osa
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- International airfare and travel to / from Costa Rica
- Beer / wine / liquor
- Taxis to / from Jimenez
- Excursions, lessons (Surf, SUP), Spa services, massage, acupuncture
COVID-19 RELATED POLICY / CANCELLATION POLICY: Please read carefully and fully!
I am requiring that every retreat participant be fully vaccinated with any of the approved vaccines within the United States, or proof of full recovery within 5 months of travel.
Due to the on-going Covid-19 virus and pandemic related issues, plus the unknown of how the virus will develop over the next 6 months before our retreat in Feb/March, this retreat will allow for cancellations with full or partial refund under the following conditions:
- Should the retreat cancel due to Covid issues in either Costa Rica or the United States, one or both countries shut down, surges in virus occur, etc, and its decided by el Tumbo de las Olas and/or Julie to cancel retreat, you’ll receive a full refund.
- Should a registered student contract Covid-19 right before retreat and they have to withdraw, they will get a full refund.
- Should a family member or person close to registered student contract Covid-19 and the student will need to take care of this person, thereby withdrawing from retreat, they will get a full refund.
- Should a registered student decide they are not feeling it is safe to attend retreat, they will get a partial refund of 50% if it is within 30 days of February 27th. (Remember your payment includes Sansa travel, and that is non-refundable)
- If extra piece of mind is needed, I recommend looking into a Travel Health Insurance policy that includes “Travel Delay” costs that will cover quarantine, plus medical costs should you contract Covid-19 while traveling. Look into www.insuremytrip.com for policies. As of now, Costa Rica no longer requires visitors to have a Health Plan, but if Covid-19 surges again, this may be implemented!
- As of October 2021, the United States still requires anyone entering from international travel to show a negative Covid-19 test. Unless that changes over the course of the next 6 months, come on retreat prepared to get a Covid test before travel home. I recommend BinaxNow tests through eMed.com.
PLAN YOUR TRAVEL AND GETTING THERE:
Fly to SJO (San Jose International Airport) and plan to arrive no later than 1:30 PM for us to book you on a Sansa domestic flight to Puerto Jimenez. If you cannot find a flight that lands before 1:30pm on Feb. 27th, you are welcome to arrive the day before and stay overnight in San Jose (at your own expense) and we can book you on an early morning Sansa flight the following day.
Departure from SJO on March 6th: Departure from San Jose can be any time mid-morning, onward.
What some are saying about this special retreat:
“Julie’s yoga teaching goes deep into the body, with intelligent, well-sequenced asana practices. She also dives into the philosophy of yoga, and shares her knowledge of the ways in which the physical practice can connect us to ourselves and the universe around us. Julie’s Osa retreats are powerful. They are filled with asana, meditation, ocean waves, abundant jungle life, and fresh, delicious, nourishing vegetarian food. She’s the heart of the group retreat, teaching, holding space, and sharing her favorite local hikes and adventures. Julie’s amazing in those roles. I highly recommend journeying to Osa and joining her next retreat if you can.” – Cari Sietstra