There’s no other posture like Urdhva Dhanurasana, also called “full wheel”, or simply the backbend. This one iconic pose is so thorough: it stretches the quads, hip flexors, abdominals, and shoulders while strengthening the entire back body. Often sequenced as an Apex pose, it represents the essence of the yoga practice; to live fearlessly, and with an open, strong heart.
But what if your experience of practicing this pose isn’t so open or fearless? Difficulty straightening the arms, lifting the chest, finding flexibility in the spine, or compression in the lower back can make the pose quite difficult and keep it on your “I hate this pose” list.
In our workshop we will address all of these things and you will learn:
- The fundamental bio-mechanics of all backbends
- Highlighted points of preparation and sequencing for Full Wheel
- The incredible value of doing proper Quad Stretches
- How to deepen the pose if you’re able to get up with vertical arms
- A personalized understanding of what to work on in your own practice to do the pose, or deepen the pose
This workshop will be perfect for any student wanting to learn to do the pose, or deepen the pose. Come prepared to practice and play! No serious injuries please.