To Serve, Lead, Heal: A Retreat for Teachers to the Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
February 24, 2019 - March 2, 2019
TO SERVE, LEAD, HEAL: A RETREAT FOR TEACHERS. Are you longing to dive deep into the study and practice of your craft without taking an additional training? You are invited to a unique, intimate, and profound experience on a retreat specifically designed for you in magical Costa Rica.
Retreats were an integral part of my blossoming life as both a practitioner, and teacher of yoga. Inside every excursion was a personal journey that helped deepen and fortify my commitment and understanding of the higher purposes of the practice, strengthen my asana practice, and create a lasting imprint on the power of self inquiry that yoga really invokes. Each retreat changed me, and helped create the teacher and practitioner I am today. Having led local and international yoga retreats annually for 16 years (!) I’ve finally created the type of retreat that as a teacher, I’d love to take.
As teachers, we strive to be fully present for our students every class, and aim to share our knowledge with skill and clarity. At best, to convey the essence of yoga, not just in what, or how we teach, but how we speak, behave, and reflect yoga in how we live.
As teachers, you know the power and necessity of taking regular dedicated time away from everyday responsibilities to fully immerse in yoga, meditation, personal contemplation, and relaxation. Our 7 day retreat to Costa Rica will present a rare opportunity to refuel and drink from your own wellspring with energizing practices, healthy meals, and good company. Less full-on Teacher Training, and more than an average retreat, our time together will include deep daily practice, reviewing asana foundations and bio-mechanics, Mentor sessions, and a chance to dive back into The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, exploring how it fits in with our modern life. (Dust off your version! Bring it with you!)
This retreat will feature:
- 2.5 hour in-depth daily morning practices
- Mentoring study sessions to refine teaching skills, hands-on adjustments, language / cues, and sequencing
- Revisit The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, and learn to apply its wisdom to our modern life
- Exploration of the path of Service in balance with self care and staying inspired
- Daily meditation, pranayama, subtle body and restorative practices
- A chance to visit what’s called Costa Rica’s last wild frontier, the Osa Peninsula.
- Healthy organic meals beautifully prepared by el Tumbo chefs
- As much rest or adventure as you seek!
- And more!
“Julie is a teacher that lives and breathes the philosophy and offers classes that have a beautiful balance. Unique to Julie is that she creates a space that is rooted in love: love for the practice, love for the teachings, and love of connection. I experienced my first retreat with Julie this past spring and it was such a sweet balance between asana, practices, and retreating.” – Brendy Iglesias, NYC
- All daily practice with Julie
- Mentoring study sessions
- Community connection with fellow teachers, leaders, healers on the path
- All meals and lodging at el Tumbo de las Olas
- Domestic transfer flight to / from Puerto Jimenez
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- International travel to / from San Jose International Airport (SJO), Costa Rica
- Cabs to / from Jimenez
- Beer / wine
- Excursions, lessons, activities, Spa services, massage
- Bring your favorite version of The Yoga Sutras (or try a new one!), I will not be providing extras
ABOUT EL TUMBO DE LAS OLAS:
Our home for the week is EL TUMBO DE LAS OLAS, an enchanting getaway with a luxury feel. Set on five acres where the ocean meets the rainforest, el Tumbo is designed for gathering community, total relaxation, and for being immersed in the natural surroundings that the Osa is loved for. Everything is open-walled with unique architecture to allow the sights and sounds of the ocean and rainforest to create harmony and invoke balance. Plenty of hammocks, lounge chairs, quiet nooks, a juice bar, and even a dipping pool!
All are double occupancy with shared baths in the spacious and airy loft of the Casa Grande and Bungalows. Max capacity for this retreat will be 15.
PRICING: $1800, includes domestic transfer SJO to Puerto Jimenez.
EARLY REGISTRATION: SAVE $150 BEFORE NOV. 1ST
EMAIL JULIE TO REGISTER: JULIE@SHAKTIYOGANY.COM