At Bend & Bloom Yoga
Ready to further develop your skills, savvy, and intuitive wisdom while learning new applied techniques that will create a full circle of excellence in the craft of teaching yoga?
As an experienced teacher you may be ready to evolve and fully embody the teachings of yoga. The Continuing Education program is an opportunity to grow and learn with other serious teachers and practitioners, redefine who you are as a teacher, and clarify your personal mission in this role as steward of yoga traditions.
The focus of this training is helping teachers develop a more balanced, sophisticated, and holistic approach to teaching with clarified intention for a sustained life of practice, offering, and livelihood.
You’ll come away from the training with sharper teaching skills, increased knowledge of anatomy and varied Therapeutic approaches to yoga, inspiration from learning specialized yoga practices, and more insight into your personal relationship to the practice, and to teaching.
Modules will include these topics:
- Inspired use of Themes, Stories, and Myth
- Sequencing vinyasa, advanced asana, and peak-pose classes
- Expanded Therapeutic yoga knowledge and application
- Expanded knowledge of functional anatomy
- Clear Eyes, Clear Words, Clear Hands: Observation skills and the power of touch
- Refined use of instructions
- Pose categories; their form, function, and relationship to each other
- Strengthened practical understanding of alignment principles
- Developing successful classes, workshops, and retreats
- Self Care and Maintaining a deep personal practice
The training will combine:
- Advancing personal practice
- Practice teaching with peer and trainer feedback
- Strengthened studentship
- Community building with fellow teachers on the path
STAFF: Shaktiyoga New York Advanced Teacher Training will feature expert guest presenters for specialized practices and techniques for teaching yoga.
PREREQUISITES: Graduates of any 200 hour Teacher Training program regardless of method, with around 50-100 hours of teaching experience. You do not have to be a full-time teacher to apply, nor do you have to be injury-free, or an advanced practitioner. Please be ready to commit fully to the group time together, and to your own growth!
Julie Dohrman / Shaktiyoga New York is a fully registered YACEP for all Continuing Education (CE) hours with Yoga Alliance
DATES: Coming soon
WEEKEND SCHEDULE: TBA
Email Julie with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org